Try these great recipes using Original Farina!
Farina® Italian Meatloaf
Serve the meatloaf hot with tomato sauce or omit the extra sauce and slice it thin for sandwiches.
- ½ cup Farina
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup milk or cream
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound of Italian sausage taken out of the casing
- (Option: Use 1 pound of ground turkey and ½ pound of turkey or chicken sausage taken out of the casing)
- 1 medium to large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cups prepared Italian tomato sauce, plus a cup for the top
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir the Farina and salt into the milk and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Put the meat into a mixing bowl and stir in the onions, parsley, cheese and garlic.
- Pour in the Farina and 2/3 cup of sauce and work the mixture together well.
- Turn into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour on the remaining cup of heated sauce.
Always use the consumer package for nutritional information as formula and ingredient changes may occur at any time and may not match the website.